The Aborigines who are the native people of Australia believe in supernatural creatures like spirits, demons and ghosts that roam the Australian outback. The Aborigines carry out many festivals and events that are meant to appease their ancestors and spirits. They believe that by doing this they will receive blessings from the spirits of their ancestors and god. This tradition has been appreciated as an important part of Australian culture. Australia has many mysterious places ranging from cemeteries to haunted houses and prisons. The following are mysterious places that are a must visit when you are in Australia;
MONTE CRISTO HOMESTEAD
Monte Cristo Homestead is the most haunted house in Australia. The Australian Ghosts Hunters Society usually conducts ghost hunting sessions on a regular basis. The first occupant of this house was William Crawley. His wife’s ghost haunts the house to this day. There are other supernatural events like mysterious lights and spirits that walk through the corridors and rooms.
HAUNTED FREMANTLE PRISON
Fremantle Prison was one of the most notorious prisons in Australia. It housed hard core criminals such as murderers and rapists. Fremantle is haunted by Martha Rendell who was the only woman to be hanged in this prison.
• A face that bears close resemblance to that of Martha Rendell appears on the windows of this prison. This is caused by the way the glass reflects light.
• On entering this prison you will experience many supernatural events like voices crying for help and strange shadows that lurk through the tunnels. There is a woman’s ghost that makes appearances when you are walking through the tunnels.
• There are guided tours on a daily basis and torch light tours that are held twice per week. This prison can be accessed by the disabled. You can walk through the tunnels or use a boat.
• After touring you can enjoy delicious dishes at the restaurant.
BEECHWORTH LUNATIC ASYLUM
Beech worth Lunatic was a mental hospital during the colonial times. This asylum is haunted by ghosts of mentally challenged patients who died when they were receiving treatment in this institution. Getting into this institution was easy than getting out since one required to have at least 8 signatures to be discharged.
MILL HILL HOTEL
This haunted hotel is located in Bondi Junction, New South Wales. The rooms of this hotel are haunted by ghosts. The hotel is haunted by a child’s ghost that plays tricks on guests and a lady ghost who sleeps with unaccompanied men at night.
This prison was one of the most inhumane in Australia. It was housed with top rapists, dangerous murderers and criminals. Executed prisoners were buried in the prison’s courtyard. The cells are very small and you will cringe when you think about the appalling conditions that prisoners endured.
• Ghosts of prisoner’s lurk through the hallways and cells. As you walk through the hallways you will hear voices crying, whistles, strange shadows and other supernatural events that you can only believe when you visit this prison. Before you make travel plans of visiting this mysterious places you should ensure that you have your Australian visa.
Guest Author: Kacie Jones is a professional content writer and blogger from UK who shares her travel experiences. Her hobbies include travelling, trekking, Tech, Health, parenting and cooking and she is currently working on a project Australian visa which provides visa service to enter into Australia.
- 7 Biggest Bollywood Controversies That Make Me Angry: Who Were Culprits - October 13, 2020
- Could you be suffering from sleep apnea? 7 signs to look out for - September 27, 2020
- Here’s What Critic Reviews Said About The Justice League: Yay or Meh? - September 3, 2020