The Plush robes are among the few personal products where our necessity meets luxury. They’re not only useful to us. They also provide us the touch of extraordinary comfort. Before, you can only experience this kind of comfort in hotels and spas. But today, you can pamper yourself by buying your own luxury robes.
Bathrobes are widely available. You can find them everywhere, even online. To make sure you’re getting the best quality bathrobes, you need to know the different types of plush robes.
It’s important to know that not all bathrobes are equal. They all have different qualities and features. Because of this, you need to make sure you do your research well. This serves as your guide to help you buy the right plush robes for you.
Types of Bathrobes
Bathrobes come in many sizes. They’re available to both men and women. Some, however, are used for both sexes (unisex bathrobes). Some of them are available for kids.
There are also bathrobes that are available for big and small people. They’re commonly known as large and petite bathrobes. There are also one-size-fits-all bathrobes, that can be used by the entire family.
These bathrobes are made from thick fabric or lightweight materials. There are also those that are made from different materials. These materials may include waffle weave and terry cloth. They are made of waffle fabric and terry cotton.
Types of Fabrics for Bathrobes
The type of fabric can make or break your experience when using plush robes. The use of the bathrobes depend on the kind of fabric they’re made of. The feeling when you wear them also depend on the kind of fabric.
- Terry cloth – Terry cloth robes are thick and plush. Terry cloth is one of the best fabrics to be used for bathrobes.
- Waffle weave – Waffle weave is also one of the best fabrics to be used for bathrobes. Unlike Terry cloth, it is thinner and lighter. It is a popular option for spa robes. That’s because they are lighter and aren’t very warm. This makes it one of the best choice for covering up.
- Cotton – Cotton robes are considered the best when it comes to bathing. That’s because they can absorb water faster than the other types of fabric. Cotton comes in different forms. They are low, medium, and high grade cotton. These fabrics are good for bath robes.
The type of fabric will help you determine whether or not the bathrobe is of high quality. Good quality bathrobes give you the confidence that they can last for a long time.
You need to make sure that you understand the different kinds of robes. Since they’re widely available everywhere, you might get confused. You might end up choosing the wrong bathrobe type. Some of them are a mixture of cotton and polyester. Some of them are made from 100% cotton.
Cotton will always be the best choice for bathrobes. That’s because cotton fabric can easily absorb water and other fluids. After showering, it’ll feel wonderful when you touch your skin with a soft robe made of cotton. Using cotton bathrobes feels very comfortable because they are soft to wear. There are two qualities of cottons. They are low-medium grade and high grade cotton.
- Low-medium Grade Cotton – This type of cotton is mainly used in blending options and mass-produced goods.
- High Grade Cotton – This type of cotton is known because of its softness and its elegance. It’s Egyptian, Turkish, Supima, Sea Island, and Pima. Right now, Egyptian cotton is widely used for bathrobes. It’s one of the best options out there.
While cotton is one of the best options, it also has its drawbacks. As a matter of fact, there are issues when using 100% cotton bathrobes. What are the common problems with cotton robes?
- They get wrinkled easily
- They shrink after being washed.
It’s normal for cotton-made clothing to have problems such as these. But these can be avoided. Manufacturers add shrinkage-free and wrinkle-free finishes on them. Some of them combine cotton with other materials. The most common material they mix cotton with is polyester.
While cotton is natural, polyester isn’t. Polyester is a man-made fabric. It is often mixed with cotton so that the cotton bathrobes won’t wrinkle too quickly or shrink after washing. Microfleece and microfiber are just two of the polyester blends. The good thing about them is that they feel silky and plush.
A lot of people prefer to use microfleece and microfiber. As a matter of fact, many luxurious hotels and spas use these types of fabrics.
Different Style of Bathrobes
Fashion is dynamic. That means it changes every so often. This change affects us, especially since we all want to be on-trend. Plush robes come in various styles nowadays, thanks to the dynamic world of fashion. Here are the different bathrobe styles:
- Kimono – A kimono robe provides us a more classically-tailored fit. The sleeves of this robe go up to the wrist. The collar is flat and streamlined. Kimono robes are popular for spa use because of their unique design. The sleek-fitted look and its lightweight design make it perfect for spas.
- Shawl collared – A shawl-collared bathrobe typically closes at the neck. When you wear it, it’s just like you’re wrapping a shawl around your neck. Shawl-collar robes gives you the maximum coziness and warmth.
- Hooded – A hooded robe is perfect for people who want to feel warm. It feels great when you pull over your damp or wet hair after swimming. Also, the hood provides extra warmth around your head and neck area.
- Cuffed – A cuffed robe has a different style. It has a fold at the bottom of the sleeve. This type of bathrobe is mostly used for both men and women. That’s because it’s designed so that both sexes can wear it.
Buying plush robes for you and for the family may be difficult. But as long as you know what you and your family need, you should be good. What do you think?
- How To Enter a Career in Computer Programming - February 1, 2021
- 7 Biggest Bollywood Controversies That Make Me Angry: Who Were Culprits - October 13, 2020
- Could you be suffering from sleep apnea? 7 signs to look out for - September 27, 2020