Confused about your career? Want to pursue a career in law? Here is the law clubhouse leader- LSAT which enables you to take admissions to law schools in United States, Canada and other countries. It enables admission to 70 colleges in India through LSAT India. Law School Admission Council (LSAC) administers the exam 4 times in a year at various test centers across the world. The LSAT exam is designed to assess reading comprehension, logical and verbal reasoning proficiency. Also lawyer SEO on websites ensures that you get all the help online you need.
The number of sessions in a year will soon be increased to 6 times, probably from the next year. This year it will be scheduled for June, September/October, December and February. The major purpose of the exam is to aid in predicting a student’s success in a law school.
After analysing the number of applications during each session of the exam, we infer the commencement of a new cycle- June exam is the clear winner. Most applications are received during this session. However, the popular one is the September/October session of the exam.
LSAT Exam has six total sections: four scored multiple-choice sections, an unscored experimental section, and an unscored writing section. Raw scores are converted to a scaled score with a high of 180, a low of 120, and a median score around 150. When an applicant applies to a law school all scores from the past five years are reported, though, depending on the school, the highest score or an average score may be used.
LSAT is designed to measure skills that are considered essential for success in law school which are:
- The reading and comprehension of complex texts with accuracy and insight
- The organization and management of information and the ability to draw reasonable inferences from it
- The ability to think critically
- The analysis and evaluation of the reasoning and arguments of others
Most of the applicants from Canada followed by China are sent to the ABA- Approved law schools after LSAT. ABA- Approved Law schools receive about 151 applications from India. The least number of applications are sent from Brazil. Given below is a graph of the applications sent to the law schools after LSAT from different countries:
What is LSAT Exam Pattern?
LSAT is conducted in online mode in all countries accept India. LSAT comprises 35 questions each in 5 sections. The questions are objective type in nature. The scored 5 sections are followed by an unscored writing sample section. The number of questions vary from 92-100. Here is the detailed exam pattern for LSAT:
Logical Reasoning section
- LSAT contains two LR sections, commonly known as arguments, designed to test the taker’s ability to dissect and analyse arguments.
- LR sections each contain 24–26 questions.
- Each question begins with a short argument or set of facts.
- This is followed by a prompt asking the test taker to find the argument’s assumption, to select an alternate conclusion to the argument, to identify errors or logical omissions in the argument, to find another argument with parallel reasoning, or to choose a statement that would weaken/strengthen the argument.
- LSAT contains one RC section consisting of four passages of 400–500 words, and 5–8 questions relating to each passage.
- All the sections contain 26–28 questions.
- Though no real rules govern the content of this section, the passages generally relate to law, arts and humanities, physical sciences, or social sciences.
- The questions are designed to determine the author’s main idea, find specific information in the passage, draw inferences from the text or describe the structure of the passage.
Logic Games/Analytical Reasoning
- LSAT contains one logic game (LG) section, another name to the analytical reasoning section.
- One section contains four games which include grouping, matching, and ordering of elements.
- Each LG section has 22–24 questions.
- Each game begins by an outline and by establishing a set of conditions governing the relationships among the subjects
- Candidates have to then draw conclusions from the statements.
- What makes the games challenging is that the rules do not produce a single correct set of relationships among all elements of the game
- But it tests your ability to analyse the range of possibilities embedded in a set of rules.
- The LG section is commonly regarded by LSAT takers as the most difficult section of the test.
Unscored Variable Section
- LSAT contains one experimental section which Law Services refers to as the Variable section.
- It is used to test new questions for future exams.
- The performance of the candidate on this section is not reported as part of the final score.
- Candidate is not told which section of the exam is experimental, since doing so could skew the data.
- The writing sample is the final section of the exam.
- It is presented in the form of a decision prompt, which provides candidates with a problem and two criteria for making a decision.
- The examinee must then write an essay favouring one of the two options over the other.
- The decision prompt generally does not involve a controversial subject, but rather something mundane about which candidates probably have no strong bias.
- There is no “right” or “wrong” answer to the writing prompt so it is important that candidate argues for their chosen position and also argues against the counter-position.
- LSAC does not score the writing sample.
- Instead, the essay is digitally imaged and sent to admission offices along with the LSAT score.
- Between the quality of the handwriting and of the digital image, some admissions officers regard the readability and usefulness of the writing sample to be marginal.
Where can I get Admission through LSAT in India?
LSAT is organised in India separately wherein students from India can apply for the law programs in the colleges which accept LSAT Score. LSAC sets the entire list of colleges that accept admission to law programs in India through LSAT India. There are total of 70 colleges shortlisted by LSAC across India.
Since the test takers target the best ones, so here is the list of top colleges in India which accept LSAT Scores:
- 90s Nostalgia: Best Doordarshan and Cable TV Shows - December 26, 2020
- Computerized sewing machine vs mechanical sewing machine - February 10, 2019
- Budget 2019: Here are Income Tax slab rates - February 1, 2019