“Fashion has always been a repetition of ideas, but what makes it new is the way you put it together.” – Carolina Herrera (A Venezuelan fashion designer known for exceptional personal style and for dressing various First Ladies)
Fashion designers strive through their creativity to create amazing designs. Fashion designers produce original attires, accessories, and footwear. They sketch styles, choose materials and patterns and provide direction in a way to build the product they have designed.
Once you complete a fashion designing course, there are several number of opportunities to build a career in it as large apparel firms generally have a team of fashion designers headed by an ingenious director. Some fashion designers focus on vestures, footwear, or accessory design; others produce designs in all three fashion classes. Some fashion designers research current fashion styles and make predictions about upcoming future trends using trend reports delivered by fashion business trade teams.
Other fashion designers produce collections from the flairs they get from their surroundings, from the cultures they have bought up in and places they have dropped by, or from various art media that amazed them. Once they have a preliminary plan, usually fashion designers seek multiple fabrics and manufacture an image with less extravagant material to observe the look for the final product.
They work with models to examine how the design will look and modify the styles accordingly. Though most fashion designers primarily sketch their designs by hand, nowadays several designers draw their concepts digitally with (CAD) software programs.
Although designing and planning methods could vary by specialty. After the announcement of spring or fall assortment it takes 5-6 months from original style thought to final production. Some fashion designing companies produce new designs every month to showcase their plans during the spring and fall segment in a fashion week. The web and e-commerce businesses permit fashion designers to supply their merchandise outside of the typical stores. The designers can ship their articles directly to the buyer, without any need of investing for a physical shop to showcase their product.
Depending upon the various duties following are some categories of fashion designers:
- Clothing fashion designers: They design and create men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel, differentiated in multiple categories which include casual-wear, ethnic-wear, sports-wear, party-wear, maternity, and intimate garments.
- Footwear designers: They make designs for different styles of shoes, sandals, flip-flops and such footwear for all age group’s people. Along with creating plans for footwear’s, these designers also strive for bringing comfort, ease of functioning in their creations.
- Fashion accessory designers: They create designs for articles such as handbags, suitcases, belts, hats and goggles, jewellery.
- Fashion designers in Costume designing: Their responsibility is to design costumes for the performing arts, motion picture and television productions in the given budget. They research and study the styles worn during the period in which the performance took place and coordinate with directors and stylists to select and create appropriate costumes for the show.
The various job options available in fashion designing field are as follows:
- Fashion Designer: Creating new designs for merchandise concerning the latest current trends prevailing within the market, fashion designers are the fundamental and vital pillars of the fashion industry. If you are creative enough to think out of the box, believe in hard work and can handle the pressure positively, then you will be surely rewarded in terms of exceptional earnings and incentives.
- Fashion Illustrator: This person is responsible for creating initial sketches according to the fashion designer’s desires and expectations. An illustrator portrays the ideas of the designer on a paper.
- Fashion Stylist: The primary responsibility of a fashion stylist is to maintain makeup, hairstyle, and dress code for the scheduled event to ensure the best look for the show. They style up to the participants for beauty and fashion shows and promotional activities.
- Fashion Coordinator: The fashion coordinators look after the marketing policies and arrangements for any fashion related event. They do not look after the designing task.
- Fashion Consultant: A consultant in the fashion industry is the one who is aware of trends and transitions in the arena, and know fashion designing as well. They provide ideas related to fashion and trends. A fashion consultant is an active observer and has updated knowledge with the changing trends.
- Fashion Merchandiser: An essential responsibility of a fashion merchandiser is marketing. They analyze past and latest trends and sales data. To collect details from customers, buyers and coordinate with the designers and production team for the development of a product to meet the market requirement is the main task for fashion merchandiser. A fashion merchandiser should possess the Knowledge of fashion trends, fabrics, textures, colours and hues, along with the grasp of market demand and production methods
The regular tremendous growth in the fashion industry has a significant influence on the economy because of embellishing opportunities. Fashion Designing has become one of the prominent career options among students after passing class 12. There are so many well-known fashion designing institutes which provides quality course in the same domain such as Cadence Academy of Fashion and Interior designing. Fashion designing career has a broad future scope that promises huge salary along with an exciting work environment. If you think you are a creative freak and can play with the art of styles and trends, then this booming fashion designing industry will welcome you with open arms to reward you with a bright future.
- 3 of the Best Medication Tracking Apps That Won’t Let You Forget - June 18, 2020
- 6 Best Tips for Planning Stag and Hen Parties - June 11, 2020
- 5 Party Must Haves – A Small Checklist - May 27, 2020