Sometimes people use “logo design” and “branding” as synonyms. But the process of both of these is different. However, they are related and with each other in a cohesive way, but their process totally differs.
The concepts of logo and brand
Logo design is the process of designing a logo for a brand. And branding is a vast process that is used to build a brand. Therefore, for better understanding the difference between logo designing and branding. It is important to first understand both of these concepts in detail:-
A logo is a graphic symbol of a brand that identifies a company and its identity. In this way, you can introduce a brand in a competitive world. However, the logo is a graphic element designed with a combination of typographies, symbols, and colors.
For example the Google logo
Google’s logo is one of the most famous logos recognize by everyone. It is designed in different color letters and the word Google is written as a logo. People all over the world are connected with Google.
A brand is an idea or image people create in their minds for a company or about specific products, services. This is a vast concept that includes a brand name, visual identity, logo, products, staff, or advertising amongst others.
For example: – Google Company
After seeing the Google logo, and as you are familiar with the brand, some images and emotions might come to your mind about it. The experience and perception will be different for each one of us. However, as a result of Google’s branding strategy, the overall impression of this search engine should be quite similar to the general population.
What’s the difference between logo design and branding?
Logo design is the process of designing a logo and branding is a strategy used for people so that they can quickly identify their products and organization. A branding strategy helps to clarify the brand. However, it can be done through various different tools.
Below mentioned are various elements that are used in a branding strategy:-
- Brand definition: With its purpose, values, and promise
- Brand positioning statement
- Brand identity: name, tone of voice
- Logo design
- Workspace experience and management style
- Customer service
- Advertising and communications on different platforms such as for TV, radio, magazines, outdoor ads, websites, mobile apps
- Sponsoring and partnerships
- Pricing strategy
You can notice in the above list that logo design is one of the tools used for the visual identity of a brand.
Why a logo is an important element for branding?
The logo is an element of branding, which can easily be found on websites, packaging, ads, uniforms, stationery, product, stores, brochures, and so on. A logo is usually considered as an important graphic element that helps in branding by allowing people to quickly identify a brand and its products, and services too.
Here is why a well-designed logo is essential for branding purposes:-
- A well-designed logo helps people to easily identify any brand. A logo is considered one of the major points of identification for stakeholders as well as clients. It will help to differentiate your brand in just a few seconds.
- In today’s world mostly all businesses and organizations exist on various platforms such as social media, leaflets, brochures, business cards, websites, blogs, etc. With a multipurpose logo, you will be able to appropriately represent your brand on various communication channels.
- The logo is part of your brand identity. Also, it is one of the main tools that help you graphically reflect your brand name, values, and personality among people you communicate with as well as customers.
As we discussed above a logo is a graphic element that represents the brand, while a brand is a combination of all tangible and intangible aspects which help represent the brand or organization. Without a brand existence, the logo would be simply a graphical element.
If you are an entrepreneur and want to build a new brand, you can get the logo design from a graphic designer and website from a website designer for the growth of your brand as well as your organization.
- Telehealth Tips – 6 Things to Know Before Your First Telehealth Appointment - October 20, 2021
- 4 Women’s Clothing Myths Debunked in 4 Minutes - October 18, 2021
- Tips for Choosing the Best Industrial Ceiling Cooling System - October 16, 2021