In what appears to be a much awaited relief for middle class, Finance Minister Piyush Goyal on Friday doubled income tax exemption limit to Rs 5 lakh, and if you make investments, up to Rs 6.5 Lakh.
- Cheer for middle income tax payers. FM Goyal announces tax rebate and increase in standard deduction.
- Proposal to raise the limit TDS threshold to Rs 40,000 from Rs 10,000 currently.
- No tax on notional rent on second self-occupied house and no tds on house rent up to Rs 2.4 lakh
- Standard deduction has been raised from Rs 40,000 to Rs 50,000.
- Tax on SB Interest exemption raised from 10,000 to 40,000
- So, those with income up to Rs 5 lakh and another Rs 1.5 lakh in investments totalling Rs 6.5 lakh will have to pay no tax. Will benefit nearly 3 crore middle class income earners.
The proposal is set to benefit 3 crore middle-class tax payers. Of course, when the threshold exemption limit is doubled, it can increase the burden on the exchequer by no less than Rs 18,500 crore.
Latest posts by Author3 (see all)
- 5 Special Rakhis to Buy This Raksha Bandhan 2019 - May 17, 2019
- Personalized Rakhi Gifts: The Best Way to Express Love for Sisters - May 17, 2019
- Computerized sewing machine vs mechanical sewing machine - February 10, 2019